Serving Clients Throughout Southern California
Call Our Knowledgeable Team Today Murrieta951.433.7124

Murrieta Fiancé Visa Attorney - Call (951) 433-7124

Assistance Across Temecula & Inland Empire with the K-1 Visa Application

K-1 non-immigrant visas are granted to a foreign citizen who is the fiancé of a U.S. citizen. If you are seeking to bring your fiancé to the United States through the K-1 visa, The Khan Law Firm can help. Our fiancé visa lawyer in Murrieta guides clients through the entire process, from applying for the K-1 visa to applying for an adjustment of status after the wedding.

If you need an attorney to assist you with the application process, call (951) 433-7124 or contact us online for a consultation.

What Are the Benefits of the K-1 Visa?

Upon being granted a K-1 visa, the foreign national fiancé is permitted to travel to the United States. After the marriage, the individual is able to apply for adjustment of status to become a permanent resident. If the visa applicant has eligible children, they may be granted K-2 visas.

What Are the K-1 Fiancé Visa Requirements?

In order to petition for a fiancé visa, the foreign national fiancé and the U.S. citizen must each meet specific requirements.

The requirements for a K-visa include:

  • The foreign fiancé and U.S. citizen fiancé must be free to marry
  • The marriage must be legally permissible under state law
  • The U.S. sponsor and fiancé applicant must have met in person within the past 2 years
  • The U.S. sponsor can financially support the fiancé, or the fiancé can support themselves
  • Neither the U.S. sponsor nor the applicant have a disqualifying criminal history

Additionally, the marriage to the U.S. citizen must take place within 90 days of arrival in the country. Exceptions can be made for the 2 year requirement if such a meeting would impose an extreme hardship or go against cultural practices for either party.

Additionally, there are waivers available if either party has a criminal history that disqualifies them from immigration.

What Is the K-1 Visa Application Process?

Filing the petition is the first step in the process. Form I-129F must be filed by the United States citizen sponsor in the USCIS office. The petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy in the country where your fiancé is living.

The next step in the process is to apply for the visa and complete the interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Certain documents and forms will be required from the fiancé and U.S. citizen sponsor, including:

  • The nonimmigrant visa application
  • A valid passport
  • A copy of the medical examination results
  • Police certificates
  • Evidence of financial support
  • Divorce or death certificates from previous spouses
  • Evidence of a relationship between the couple intending to marry

Our Murrieta fiancé visa attorney can explain the process and help you gather all required documentation.

When you are ready to start the K-1 visa application process, call our office at (951) 433-7124 to schedule a consultation.

We Are Unlike Other Law Firms

Find Out Why We Are Different
  • Compassionate

    We truly care about our clients and helping them succeed.

  • Proven Track Record

    We believe our firm is prepared to assist anyone in our practice areas.

  • Personal Attention

    We strive to make you feel comfortable throughout the process.

  • Experienced

    Our knowledgeable team will be with you every step of the way.