Serving Clients Throughout Southern California
Call Our Knowledgeable Team Today Murrieta951.433.7124

Murrieta Green Card Attorney

Obtaining Legal Permanent Residency - Call (951) 433-7124

Legal permanent residency, also known as a green card, allows a non-citizen to lawfully live and work in the United States. At The Khan Law Firm, our green card lawyer in Murrieta guides clients through the green card application process. There are two basic methods for obtaining lawful permanent residency, other than marriage: employee sponsorship and family sponsorship.

Are you seeking legal permanent residency? Contact us at (951) 433-7124 for more information and to schedule a consultation with our green card attorneys in Murrieta, CA.

Employment-Based Green Card

A company can sponsor an individual for legal permanent residency for employment purposes. This can be done in several ways.

In most situations, the foreign citizen has a job offer. There are many jobs that sponsor green cards in the United States. In other situations, the foreign citizen may apply for legal permanent residency by self-petition, if the person qualifies by having “extraordinary ability”.

Legal permanent residency by investment is granted to foreign entrepreneurs investing in job creation enterprises and individuals with specialized jobs can apply through the special category jobs designation.

Family-Based Green Card

Often, people come to the United States sponsored by a relative who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. There are a few different types of family sponsorship available, depending on the relationship of the applicant to the sponsor.

The types of family sponsorship include:

  • Immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen: Spouses, parents, or unmarried children of U.S. citizens who are under the age of 21
  • Preference category for family members: Unmarried children over age 21, married children, or siblings of the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Immediate relatives of green card holders: Spouses and unmarried children of legal permanent residents who are under 21 years of age

The best way to obtain a green card varies, depending on the individual’s unique situation and availability of an eligible sponsor. Our attorney can evaluate your situation, explain your options, and guide you through the process of becoming a legal permanent resident of the United States.

Green Card Renewal

The first steps to take before applying for a renewal of your green card is to clearly understand what type of green card you have and why you need to apply for green card renewal. The reason you are applying for the renewal will determine your filing fees and the documents you are required to submit in support of your case.

Renewing Your 10-Year Green Card

If you are a permanent resident who received a card valid for 10 years, but your card will expire the next six months, or already did expire, you should renew your green card. You can begin the renewal process by:

  • Filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card online, or
  • By mail, file Form I-90.

Important note: If you have a 2-Year Green Card, do NOT file Form I-90.

Removing Conditions on Your 2-Year Green Card

A 2-Year card cannot be renewed. Conditional permanent residents must file a petition to remove conditions during the 90 days before the card expires. The conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status.

In order to maintain your permanent residents status you must:

  • File Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, if you are a family-based conditional permanent resident (during the 90 days before the card expires).
  • File Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, as an investor/entrepreneur-based conditional permanent resident (during the 90 days before the card expires).

Replacing Your Green Card

File Form I-90 to replace your green card if:

  • Your 10-year green card has expired or is going to expire over the next six months.
  • You were issued a green card that does not have an expiration date on it, and you would like to replace it.
  • Your card got damaged, stolen or lost
  • Before you turned 14 years old you were issued a card valid for 10 years, and the card will not expire before you turn 16 years old.
  • If your name, date of birth, issued date or other important information is incorrect on the card you were issued, due to USCIS administrative error.

If you do not leave the country for a trip abroad that lasts for longer than 1 year, your green card is valid for readmission into the United States. If you are planning a trip that will last longer than 1 year, you will need a re-entry permit.

Explore Your Path to Legal Permanent Residency

Are you looking to obtain legal permanent residency in the United States? Our experienced Murrieta Green Card attorneys are here to guide you through the complex immigration process and help you achieve your goal of becoming a permanent resident.

At The Khan Law Firm, Inc., we understand that each individual's situation is unique. That's why we offer personalized legal solutions tailored to your specific needs. Whether you are seeking employment-based or family-based green card, our dedicated team will provide you with the expertise and support you need every step of the way.

Benefits of working with our Murrieta Green Card attorneys include:

  • Extensive knowledge of immigration laws and regulations
  • Experience handling a wide range of green card cases
  • Personalized attention and guidance throughout the process
  • Timely and efficient filing of all necessary documents
  • Strong legal representation in any potential challenges or appeals

Please call (951) 433-7124 to discuss the green card process in a consultation with our immigration attorney! Our immigration law firm proudly serves clients throughout the North San Diego County area.

We Are Unlike Other Law Firms

Find Out Why We Are Different
  • Compassionate

    We truly care about our clients and helping them succeed.

  • Proven Track Record

    We believe our firm is prepared to assist anyone in our practice areas.

  • Personal Attention

    We strive to make you feel comfortable throughout the process.

  • Experienced

    Our knowledgeable team will be with you every step of the way.