Serving Clients Throughout Southern California
Call Our Knowledgeable Team Today Carlsbad442.200.5011 Murrieta951.433.7124
Justice, Diversity, Respect.

Temporary Work Visa Attorney in Carlsbad

Requirements for Working in the United States

Are you are interested in working in the United States? Temporary visas are issued for highly skilled professionals, agricultural workers, and other workers. Because there are a few different types of temporary work visas, it can be helpful to seek the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer. At The Khan Law Firm, our temporary work visa attorney in Carlsbad assists foreign workers and U.S. employers throughout the process.

Take the first step toward working in the U.S. by calling (442) 200-5011 for a consultation. We assist clients throughout North San Diego County.

Temporary Skilled Workers

Skilled workers include individuals who are qualified to work in specialty occupations. These workers may qualify for the H-1B visa. Applicants for these visas must perform work that requires a high level of skill. Most people who apply for this type of visa hold a university degree, but there are situations where a visa is issued to an individual with a lot of work experience in a specialized field, even without a degree.

In order to qualify for this visa, the worker must:

  • Have a job offer from an employer in the United States
  • The job must pay the prevailing wage for that position
  • The applicant must have the right background for the job requirements

The application process requires that the employer determine the prevailing wage for the position. The employer must then file a Labor Condition Attestation with the Department of Labor and the H-1B petition with the USCIS. After the petition is approved, the application must be filed by the employee at the U.S. Consulate. This type of visa requires a significant amount of preparation and the correct procedures must be followed. Our temporary work visa lawyer in Carlsbad can help you complete the process.

Temporary Agricultural & Non-Agricultural Workers

Not all temporary work visas require workers to be highly skilled. Many workers enter the United States each year on seasonal agricultural workers visas, or H2-A visas. The H-2B visa is an option for foreign workers in non-agricultural fields, provided that there are not enough U.S. citizens to fill the positions. These are often worker at amusement parks, hotels, resorts, truck drivers, and other jobs. We can help you determine which visa is best for your situation and guide you through the application process.

We encourage you to call our office at (442) 200-5011 for assistance with your temporary work visa.

We Are Unlike Other Law Firms

Find Out Why We Are Different
  • Compassionate

    We truly care about our clients and helping them succeed.

  • Proven Track Record

    We believe our firm is prepared to assist anyone in our practice areas.

  • Personal Attention

    We strive to make you feel comfortable throughout the process.

  • Experienced

    Our knowledgeable team will be with you every step of the way.